LEARN TO SKATE
Please register at LEARN TO SKATE USA prior to class.
Learn to Skate USA classes have been developed as a beginning ice skating program that is challenging and rewarding - but most of all fun. Participation in the program will enable skaters of all ages and abilities to learn the fundamentals of ice skating while teaching them the skills necessary to advance to a competitive or recreational figure skating, and ice hockey.
To receive your Achievement Certificate / Participation
· Each class level must have 5 registered participants or class may be combined with another level
· Class meets once per week for 6-8 weeks. Lenght of a session is determined by amount of weeks available excluding holidays and closures. Price will reflect amount of weeks per session.
· Class includes 30 minutes of group instruction, and free public session to follow.
Skate rentals are free to LTS participants during this class.Wearing gloves and dressing in layers is recomended. Helmets are optional (participants must bring their own helmet if desired - bicycle helmets are OK)
- Snowplow Sam (Sam1-Sam4) - Ages 3 to 5
Develops coordination and strength, sets up solid foundation for skating. Helmets are optinial yet strongly recomended at this level and age.
- Basic Skills (Levels 1-6) - Ages 4-17
Level 1 and 2 are introductory levels, 3-6 are ABCS ( ABCS = Agility, Balance, Coordination and Speed)
- Adult (Levels 1-3) - Age 18 and older
Classes are for beginers and experienced skaters. They are designed to promote fitness, balance, coordination. Level is based on a entry skill level
- Hockey (Level 1-2) - Ages 4-17
This class is designed to teach the beginner skater fundamentals skills of skating as recomended by Learn to skate USA program.
Wearing helmet, gloves and shin guards are recomended for this class as children learn to take safe fall and slide on ice, yet don't worry if you don't have any on first day. Hockey skates are provided by Community Rink through out a class. Skates shall be returned after each use and may be checked out again next time. This way we can ensure availability for all our guests during any of our skating sessions.
Pre-Registration is required for all Classes!
Late fees of $10.00 for processing fee will be added if not registered before the day of the class.
Class availability determined by sign up volume
NO MAKE UP CLASSES OR REFUNDS!
~ NEW : The advanced classes (Freestyle PRE1 levels 1-6 and Adult levels 4-6) will now be part of Aspire program.