Stick & Puck Policy & Rules Immediately
1. Skaters 18 years of age and older are allowed wearing a helmet, gloves, stick and skates.
2. Players 17 years of age and under must have a full face shield/cage on their helmet. Full hockey equipment is mandatory for all skaters 17 years of age and younger.
3. Players over 18 years of age are strongly encouraged to wear a full face shield/cage on their helmet.
4. Helmets must be worn at all times, including when in the player’s bench areas.
5. All coaches must wear helmets.
6. Bring your own puck and improve your hockey skills. It is not the responsibility of the rink or other players to provide pucks or equipment.
7. Sign in and pay at skate counter before entering the ice.
8. Be aware of those around you when shooting/skating for a puck. Don't intentionally cut people off.
9. Generally, small/full ice scrimmages are not allowed. The Supervisor on Duty has full discretion. Stick & Puck is designed to allow players to work on the skill of their choice and since not all players have to be in full gear, scrimmages pose a safety liability.
10. No slap shots allowed!
11. All shots must be taken at the ends of the rink where protective netting and thick glass is in place. No shots at side boards.
12. Limited to the first 30 skaters.
13. No reservations taken.
14. Beverages must be kept in the player's bench areas and not on the cap rail. Food and tobacco products are not permitted.
15. Figure skates are not allowed on Stick & Puck ice, except if worn by coaches.
16. Fighting, foul language, and horseplay will NOT be tolerated. Fighting will result in expulsion without refund and possible banishment from the rink.
17. Semi-private lessons of no more than two skaters and one RINK APPROVED coach are allowed, Lessons are restricted to one end zone of the ice from the blue line to goal line. (Unless on a designated coaches stick & puck session where coaches stations will be pre-assigned).
18. Only Coaches approved by The Director of Ice Rink Operations or the Sr. Supervisor are permitted to teach lessons. Coaches must be on CIR coaching staff, or pre-approved EYH Coaches
19. Stick & Puck is not intended for group lessons or for partial/full team practices. This includes practicing breakouts and other offensive and defensive drills.
20. The Supervisor on Duty has full discretion to limit or prohibit any drills, lessons or other activities which he or she deems unsafe or disruptive to other customers.
21. All participants skate at their own risk.
• These rules are meant to keep you and everyone around you safe.
• Please follow them so as not to lose your privileges as a skater.
• All rules, policies and procedures are subject to change.